In a wet scrubber, the polluted gas stream is brought into contact with the scrubbing liquid, by spraying it with the liquid, by forcing it through a pool of liquid, or by some other contact method, so as to remove the pollutants.
Advantages of Wet Scrubber
- Small space requirements: Scrubbers reduce the temperature and volume of the unsaturated exhaust stream.
- Smaller sizes result in lower capital costs and more flexibility in site location of the scrubber.
Disadvantages of Wet Scrubber
- Corrosion problems: Water and dissolved pollutants can form highly corrosive acid solutions.
- Water-disposal problems: Settling ponds or sludge clarifiers may be needed to meet waste-water regulations.
- Difficult product recovery: Dewatering and drying of scrubber sludge make recovery of any dust for reuse very expensive and difficult.
562/1, Swarn Park Industrial Area, Near Metro Pillar No - 497, Mundka, New Delhi, Delhi, 110041, India